RoRo after BREXIT October 2019

Dear Client

All VAT registered business and import goods from the EU, will be affected by changes when the UK leaves the EU on 31st October 2019.

You should now have a UK EORI (Economic Operator Registration and Identification) number that starts with ’GB’.

This means you can move goods into or out of any EU countries.

There is more that you can do to get your business ready.

You will need to decide if you are going to use a customs agent to complete customs declarations or if you’ll complete them yourself.

What you need to do now as an importer

If you do not already have a registration number for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP) we recommend that you apply for one now to make importing easy as possible after Brexit. If you’re new to customs processes, this is the best option for you.

Check the tariff rates on imports after Brexit to find out if there will be any customs duties to be paid. You will need to apply for a Duty Deferment Account if you intend to use TSP to import goods on which customs or excise duties will be payable. This means you can pay duties owed on goods monthly rather than as soon as the goods enter the UK.

FIND ATTACHED A DOCUMENTS received from HMRC that explains step by step what you should do to prepare your business in case BREXIT will happen on the 31st October  

Keep up to date with the latest Brexit news

You can:



Source HMRC October 2019